Directional . Opium L 5'11
Our board for lighter riders or stronger winds, this purposeful and high performance surf board is also extremely fun and easy to ride in any situation. With five fin boxes, you can choose a traditional thruster set up, or ride quad fin for more powered up faster strapped riding. Either way this board gives good upwind performance, snappy turns off the lip and speed control on the wave. FCS fin boxes stand up to the increase sideways force and abuse that kitesurfing gives a board.
Easy access, works well both strapped and strapless. It has a low kite-specific rocker line, powerful diamond tail and light concave running through the mid section of the board. These factors combine to give good upwind capability, early planing, good control when the wind gets stronger. It's a smooth ride with a minimum of bounce in more choppy water you would expect at higher wind speeds. With modest scoop-rocker line, diamond tail and deep to double concave, the Opium L offers easy turning, upwind capability also in low winds, and early planing for light riders with very good control.
• New modern EPS Core (30kg/m³) laminated with epoxy - even more water-resistant and durable
• 2017: extra reinforced rails with quadglass instead of carbon rails
• Bamboo Laminate sandwich construction both on the deck and base
• Extra reinforced step area with carbon patch
• Quad glass
• Premium epoxy resin
• Unidirectional full length pvc stringer for maximum strength
• Exceptional strength to weight ratio
• FCS fins and finbox units
• Gloss Lacquer Finish